Innovative heart disease tests and treatments
Our interventional cardiologist provides innovative heart disease tests and treatments. With advancements in medical technology, cardiologists specializing in interventional cardiology techniques are able to treat patients using minimally invasive procedures. These nonsurgical procedures can be done on an outpatient basis.
Areas of expertise include:
- Cardiac catheterization. A thin, flexible tube is guided to the heart to open blocked arteries and improve blood flow.
- Angioplasty. A tiny balloon at the end of a catheter is inflated to push plaque against the wall of the artery to improve blood flow.
- Stent placement. A small mesh tube is placed in an artery to hold it open and improve blood flow.
- Ablation. A catheter fitted with tiny electrode eliminates abnormal heart cells that cause arrhythmias.
- Coronary angiography. A catheter fitted with a tiny rotating shaver removes hardened plaque to open a blocked artery.
- Diagnosis of heart rhythm and electrical disorders. Our team uses tests like electrophysiology studies, Holter monitoring and event monitoring.
Make an appointment with an interventional cardiologist
Contact us to make an appointment with an interventional cardiologist at one of these locations: