Wound Care Center
Wounds that don't get better with time and typical treatments may require the expertise of wound care specialists.
You'll find that care at our wound care center. Our highly-trained staff provides expert care using state-of-the-art technology for severe or chronic wounds.
When you need a wound care specialist
Our wound care specialists include a board-certified plastic surgeon and specially trained nurses and therapists.
The team can provide expert treatment for a wide range of wounds, including:
- Diabetic wounds, including diabetic leg ulcers and diabetic foot ulcers.
- Surgical wounds.
- Traumatic wounds.
- Venous insufficiency ulcers (due to leg vein problems and abnormal circulation).
Advanced healing technology: Hyperbaric oxygen therapy
The wound care center also offers some of the most advanced wound care technology currently available, such as hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT). We're the only wound care center in the lower Yakima Valley that offers this state-of-the-art therapy.
During HBOT treatments, wound care patients breathe in pure oxygen while resting comfortably in a pressurized chamber. The therapy delivers greater amounts of oxygen to the body’s tissue, which promotes healing.
Many wound care patients benefit from HBOT therapy, including those who need treatment for:
- Arterial insufficiency ulcers.
- Chronic osteomyelitis (bone infections) that haven’t improved with other treatments.
- Diabetic foot ulcers.
- Skin grafts and flaps at risk of failing.
- Radiation injury after cancer treatment.
- Sudden, unexplained sensorineural hearing loss.